Friday, 25 July 2008

Afterthought

Of course it's a huge marketing ploy - telling women that they can still look 30 even though they're pushing 60. The beauty industry is big business . . . they don't want us to zip up our purses just because we've got 40 candles on the birthday cake . . . I know this, but I still buy into it. The beauty counter is no longer the *preserve of the very young.
Changing the subject slightly: Apparently I should be deeply ashamed of myself and I was old enough to be his mother. All I can say in my defence is that perhaps all these lotions and potions work after all! Sorry.

*Preserve noun 1 a preparation, e.g. a jam or jelly, consisting of fruit preserved by cooking whole or in pieces with sugar. 2 an area restricted for the preservation of natural resources, e.g. animals or trees, esp one used for regulated hunting or fishing. 3 something, e.g. a sphere of activity, reserved for certain people.

No comments: