Friday, 8 August 2008

Credit Crunch

I'm getting tired of the phrase 'Credit Crunch', it's baby language for the word 'recession' and it's getting on my wick. It's being bandied about everywhere, all over the Internet, in newspapers and magazines. I was in the newsagents yesterday and I noticed several magazines had feature headers such as 'Beat the Credit Crunch', and I thought, yes I will . . . I won't buy your poxy magazine. It's as though it's something jolly . . . it isn't. A genuine downturn in the economy is never pretty and people get hurt. It's not entertainment. It's not being taken seriously because it hasn't really hit yet. Think of this period as 'The Phony Recession' . . . see what happens in Winter when the fuel bills start coming in . . . and lots of old people drop dead because they won't turn on their central heating . . .

. . . and if that pigeon starts staring at me again he'll find himself being bashed over the head and made into a filling for a very tasty pie . . .

Someone's not in a good mood then . . . .

No comments: