Thursday, 28 August 2008

A Flash of Fiction

Flash fiction has been growing in popularity, so I've decided to have a go . . .

"So what happened to you last night?"

"I'm really sorry . . . blah, blah, blah . . . went for a drink after work . . . blah, blah, blah . . . tried to ring, but I couldn't get a signal . . . blah, blah, blah . . . out of credit . . . blah, blah, blah . . . missed the last train home . . . blah, blah, blah . . . but then I ran into Steve . . . blah, blah, blah . . . he'd had a row with Sally . . . yeah, I know . . . blah, blah, blah . . . shoulder to cry on . . . couldn't leave him like that . . . blah, blah, blah . . . went back to his place . . . blah, blah, blah . . . finished off a bottle of wine . . . blah, blah, blah . . . then all my clothes fell off . . . blah, blah, blah . . . . and I slept with your best mate . . . blah, blah, blah . . ."

4 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Heh! Reminds me of the dialogue in Five go mad in Dorest.

scarlet-blue said...

Ah . . . The Famous Five . . . read every single one. Julian, Dick, Georgina and poor little Ann . . .
I've got the phrase "and then all my clothes fell off" stuck in my mind. I'm sure it's from a TV show from years back, but I can't remember . . . Is it from the 'Comic Strip' - perhaps I made it up after all?!

Gorilla Bananas said...

Five go mad in Dorset was a Comic Strip production. "And then all my clothes fell off" was a line from a dumb actress character played by the late Kenny Everett. I think her name was 'Cupid'.

scarlet-blue said...

Thank-you GB - that line has been bugging me for a very long time.

Sx