Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Gloomy Weather

Think I ought to take a leaf out of Patsy's book. She's flown off half way across the world because she has a swanky new job. It involves flying around the world and being swanky . . . I guess at some point she'll have to take her clothes off. She's good at that.

Me? Well, I collapsed last Thursday because of this pleurisy thingy, so I'm not feeling brilliant but a lot better than I was. It doesn't help that it's so disgustingly damp. However, it's given me loads of time to stay in and watch adverts . . . and sadly, also Big Brother: Rex and Nicole - what's that all about?

There is an advert that has been bothering me, it's the one for the Nokia 6220. I think they're trying to flog it on the basis that it has some kind of GPS system; this is illustrated by a colourful massive map being drawn with felt-tip pens. Nothing wrong with this . . . other than it reminds me of when I was a kid and my Dad used to buy me great long packs of felt-tip pens with every colour imaginable. The most popular girl at school was the one with the longest pen pack . . . so much fun sniffing the tips . . . My point is that this ad makes we want to rush out to buy felt-tips, regress to the age of six and doodle all over a white-washed wall . . . it doesn't make me want to buy a phone . . .

1 comment:

scarlet-blue said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . I made the classic mistake of writing 'GPS System' . . . whatever . . .