Friday, 1 August 2008

So Now It All Makes Sense

I've been puzzled by the Vauxhall Corsa Ad for some time now. I mean, what's it all about? A very attractive woman hangs around with a collection of nicely knitted willy warmers, which have all been given hideously deformed faces. She's not allowed to drive the Corsa, but the collection of willy warmers are? Why don't they let her drive the car? Why doesn't she just stamp on them and grind them into the pavement with her stiletto heels? And why do they all intermittantly shout 'C'mon' . . . why do they do this? What does it all mean? Well, I thought I'd try to find out . . . and guess what . . . the willy warmers are the persona's of a band called The C'mons, a band formed in the late 1990's in Barcelona and made popular on MTV. Well there you go, that's cleared that up then . . . it all makes perfect sense now. I apologise for being culturally ignorant. Still a crap ad though . . .

I don't know who's going to win Big Brother . . . I usually do by this stage in the game. I haven't watched it avidly, not like I used to in the good old days, but if I was putting a bet on; it'd be Lisa, Stuart or Sara. I would have put my money on Darnell, but he blew it when he was leader of the house.

Haven't been well this week. I had pleurisy at the end of last year and have been suffering on and off from a post viral infection; I get washed out and house bound. The heat hasn't helped. I'm cranky because I'm waiting for rejection slips from publishers.

The pigeon is no longer staring at me.

No comments: