Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Noblesse Oblige


The lovely and delightful Madame Defarge has given me the Noblesse Oblige Award. I think this is very kind and generous of her. Indeed, I may certainly be obliging, but I don't think I can be described as noble. I suppose that I do usually act in a way that befits my position i.e. I speak the best Estuary English, I am very familiar with North Kent, and on occasion perhaps I'm a bit slutty.
Anyhow, The recipient of this award is recognised for the following:

1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.

Well, bits of this may apply to me and I have supplied credit crunching tips on this blog, so I guess this covers at least number 3 on the list [but I still feel undeserving]

The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:

1) Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
2) The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3) Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support.
4) The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
5) Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.

Erm... What has this blog achieved? Goodness me, what a question! If nothing else it's helped me to make friends with a whole bunch of people I wouldn't have otherwise met and this has really opened up my eyes. There are some brilliant writers and some funny, creative, warm hearted, kindly souls out there and it's been a pleasure to find you all. My mission has always been to be as light hearted, flimsy and irreverent as possible and over the past 11 months I think I may have achieved this! Posts to support this include:-

1) Deodorant Bottles
2) Credit Crunch
3) Scarlet's Credit Crunching Tip of the Day
4) No More Awkward Moves
5) Here Come The Girls

Crikey, I do seem to bang on about adverts a lot. That was a bit of a nostalgia trip.
And now the excruciating hard part, my Awardees...

1) No Good Boyo
It's true, Mr Boyo seldom visits me, and I very nearly have an orgasm when he does because I admire him so much. He gets me flustered; he's really worth reading.

2) Mrs Pouncer
Because I think she invented the term 'Noblesse Oblige'... I might be wrong...
Yep, I know you don't do all the linking stuff Mrs P, but you deserve this award...

3) Kate
Because she is consistantly refreshing. Her posts are always insightful and always make me think about the craft of writing - she's just brilliant at connecting things and making sense [unlike me].

4) 5) and 6) I doubt that two of these will accept this award but they all deserve it for promoting friendship and goodwill around the blogosphere...

Gorilla Bananas
MJ
Mr Coppens

That's me done then...

54 comments:

BEAST said...

Congratulations Miss S on a well deserved award , and to all your nominees :-)

fairyhedgehog said...

Congratulations Scarlet! This blog definitely deserves an award for being unique, very funny and slightly risque.

CyberPete said...

Yay!

Congratulations!

The Dotterel said...

Woo, hoo - go, Scarlet-Blue! Many sincerely-felt congratulations on your most well-deserved public recognition. Only one problem - you've passed the award on to an ape!

Kate Lord Brown said...

Goodness what a lovely surprise - such esteemed company, thank you Scarlet. The 'chin up tits out' attitude of Scarlet Blue is just the ticket in these times. Nibblets and kisses all round xxx

mapstew said...

Maith an cailin! (well done girl!)

KAZ said...

Congaratulations Scarlet - especially on the nuances and exemplary attitude.

xl said...

I would like to suggest the bush tending post as an exemplary sixth example!

Congrats to you Miss Scarlet! Well done!

underOvr (aka The U) said...

Congratulations Scarlet....you are most deserving.

U

Mister Coppens said...

My Dearest Scarls

When you so convincingly went on record by stating "I doubt that two of these will accept this award" you must have known that I would elbow my way through the crowd and lunge at the podium!

In my best Sally Fieldian effusiveness I most emphatically declare YES I really really accept this honor.

You, my Dear, are a real peach!

Gorilla Bananas said...

When have I ever turned down anything you offered me, Miss Scarlet? A cuddle and a pinch to you!

Scarlet-Blue said...

Yey! Lots of blushing going on here!
Please pay a visit to my Awardees!! Just imagine what a state I'll be in if Mr Boyo shows up [doubtful, bless 'im]. And yes Mr Coppens, I thought you might accept it!
Hello Kate and Mr Bananas!
SXXX

Madame DeFarge said...

Scarlet - congrats and thanks for your gracious acceptance. You are a tonic in our times as Kate Lord Brown says.

Scarlet-Blue said...

Thank you Madame D! Have you read Kate? She's very smart, and she set up a writer's blog in December called Burning Lines, which was great fun and it made me laugh the whole month. It was great to be a part of something like that.
Sx

PI said...

You do deserve it although I've gone right off them since I lost all except one when fiddling with my side bar. And they included Four camels!

Kevin Musgrove said...

Well done you.

For the important business of making us smile.

eroswings said...

Congratulations to a true noble spirit!

You're always a gracious host and a lady--quite rare these days!

You're the class in classic, the pearl in the blogging oyster!

Ponita in Real Life said...

Way to go, Scarlet!! Congrats to you, girl. And to all the other nominees!

Job well done to all!

Gadjo Dilo said...

Yep, well done Scarley! Your blog is always positive and I for one am grateful for that :-)

Whirlochre said...

Whenever I hear the phrase Noblesse Oblige, I think of Michael Hestletine.

That said, this is a muchly deserved award and I'm ashamed not to have found you earlier.

Dave said...

I feel humbled at being allowed to read your blog.

Scarlet-Blue said...

Pat: Four camels...? I'm sure this award wasn't anything to do with smoking!!

Kev: I'm blushing! Where is Mrs P? She's very good at accepting awards and not turning into a tomato.

Mr Swings: I'm still blushing...

Ponita: Thank you!! More blushing...

Gadj: I have to admit that sometimes I can be a grumpy slattern. It's not pretty!

Mr Whirly: Thank you! I had to look 'Noblesse Oblige' up on Google... I don't use this phrase on a regular basis...!

Dave: Oh come 'ere and have a cuddle!

Sx

Betty said...

Bloody hell, this sounds like the blogging equivalent of the Nobel Peace Price. I hope they gave you a fat cheque that didn't bounce.

Scarlet-Blue said...

Betty: I know! Very worrying...
Sx

Dave said...

I'm on my way, to fall in admiration at your feet.

No Good Boyo said...

Thank you for the award, Scarlet, and apologies for being seldom seen - young Bendigeidfran has interrupted my surfing practice of late.

Your own award is well-deserved, as yours is a blog of poise and elegance.

I'll be delighted to comply with the terms of the award, and will endeavour to provide you with as much stimulation as the law permits.

xxx

Scarlet-Blue said...

Dave: Tsk! Please get up Dave... otherwise I'll trip over you.

Mr Boyo: Thank you Mr Boyo!! I'm always stimulated when I visit you... and now I have gone all silly and flustered...

Sx

MJ said...

Congratulations, Miss Scarlet!

Unfortunately, Mistress MJ is not allowed to accept awards or prizes whilst in rehab.

EmmaK said...

Oh it is thoroughly deserved! You go and celebrate with a dozen creme eggs and a large bottle of whisky to dip.

Emerson Marks said...

Congrats, alot of girls over the country could learn a thing or two from you by being a bit slutty.

Scarlet-Blue said...

MJ: How about the special Mr Beastie Stinky Duvet Award instead. I know you won't refuse...

Emma: Actually Creme Egg dunked in whisky and milk sounds rather yummy!

Mr Marks: We can only hope ;o)

Sx

Scarlet-Blue said...

So where is Mrs P???? Hopefully waiting to make a grand entrance. Dammit, I'd better unroll the red carpet.... and wait... get my sax out and play a fanfare... etc...
Sx

Mrs Pouncer said...

Scarlet, baybee. I don't do linking, so I can't accept. Maybe a la M. Brando and accept on behalf of another would be an option? Lemme think who's worthy.


(I have emailed you. Can you check with all available haste. Cx)

savannah said...

fantastic post & congratulations, sugar! i've stil do do mine! xoxo

CyberPete said...

Oh no you did'n't!

Open again.

Please?

xl said...

re Closed...Hope you are OK.

xXx

MJ said...

*commences knocking on doors and peering in windows*

Are you in there with Fields?

savannah said...

and now i see you're closed and i can't leave a comment except for here and i don't have your email address and i'm worried for you, sugar! and abrupt changes usually mean bad news!

Geoff said...

I've come straight from MJ and find you're stopping, too!

Not closed for good, I hope.

Kevin Musgrove said...

This is worrying. Hope you're Ok and not feeling got at by anything.

Madame DeFarge said...

Like others, hope all is well and look forward to hearing from you soon.

take care

Scarlet-Blue said...

Thanks for popping by, everything is fine but I have some family stuff to sort out. I'm not quite sure how long I'll be away... erm, I'm not good at writing about personal stuff and I get all weepy if people are nice to me, so I thought I'd just close! Apologies. I will be back as soon as I can be.
Luv
Sx

:: Wendy :: said...

In the spirit of not inducing weepiness by being nice to you, I feel obliged to be not-nice:

Poo poo you smell.

There, hope that helps a bit. Ooops

savannah said...

xoxoxo ;)

Mr Coppens said...

I saw the sign...and I need to ask...closed to what?

fairyhedgehog said...

Scarlet, there's some chocolate waiting for you if you email me your address. You won the competition

Whirlochre said...

Hope you manage to get stuff sorted.

eroswings said...

Best wishes and Much love! Take care and be safe.

Lulu LaBonne said...

I've sent some big fellas round - they tell me you're too busy to play.
Much Love
xxx

Lulu LaBonne said...

Oh - and you truly desreved that NOBBlEY award - sorry doesn't look as though my bravos about that got registered by commentfukup
wordveri = rapheak
That's what I'm feeling like tonight

Clyde said...

We will be waiting

Clyde said...

Oh, by the way
One big sucky kiss for you

Deborah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah said...

the award is well-deserved, and I'm sorry to hear you've got something on your mind that might make you weepy.
Best wishes!