Tuesday, 14 April 2009
The lovely and delightful Madame Defarge has given me the Noblesse Oblige Award. I think this is very kind and generous of her. Indeed, I may certainly be obliging, but I don't think I can be described as noble. I suppose that I do usually act in a way that befits my position i.e. I speak the best Estuary English, I am very familiar with North Kent, and on occasion perhaps I'm a bit slutty.
Anyhow, The recipient of this award is recognised for the following:
1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
Well, bits of this may apply to me and I have supplied credit crunching tips on this blog, so I guess this covers at least number 3 on the list [but I still feel undeserving]
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1) Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
2) The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
3) Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support.
4) The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
5) Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.
Erm... What has this blog achieved? Goodness me, what a question! If nothing else it's helped me to make friends with a whole bunch of people I wouldn't have otherwise met and this has really opened up my eyes. There are some brilliant writers and some funny, creative, warm hearted, kindly souls out there and it's been a pleasure to find you all. My mission has always been to be as light hearted, flimsy and irreverent as possible and over the past 11 months I think I may have achieved this! Posts to support this include:-
1) Deodorant Bottles
2) Credit Crunch
3) Scarlet's Credit Crunching Tip of the Day
4) No More Awkward Moves
5) Here Come The Girls
Crikey, I do seem to bang on about adverts a lot. That was a bit of a nostalgia trip.
And now the excruciating hard part, my Awardees...
1) No Good Boyo
It's true, Mr Boyo seldom visits me, and I very nearly have an orgasm when he does because I admire him so much. He gets me flustered; he's really worth reading.
2) Mrs Pouncer
Because I think she invented the term 'Noblesse Oblige'... I might be wrong...
Yep, I know you don't do all the linking stuff Mrs P, but you deserve this award...
Because she is consistantly refreshing. Her posts are always insightful and always make me think about the craft of writing - she's just brilliant at connecting things and making sense [unlike me].
4) 5) and 6) I doubt that two of these will accept this award but they all deserve it for promoting friendship and goodwill around the blogosphere...
That's me done then...